My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Update:

Well lots of stressful conversations and crying later, still no room. According to Housing, they officially have no place for me to live. And they are officially being ASSHOLES about it. I can't believe that I get back thinking things are sorted out to find that I have NOWHERE TO LIVE. Classes start tomorrow, and I am living on Jaime's floor, with no clean clothes (I'm unable to get into either my storage or my suitcases, long story), no school supplies, no dining plan, and no food of my own.

As for my official contract guaranteeing me a Russian House double with Robyn, which I signed last April, Housing earlier claimed "they had lost it" but now it turns out "it was somewhere all along." Funny thing is though, that the college has decided it is "no longer valid." The girl living in my room was only signed up to live there for Fall 2005, so its ridiculous that the college has sided with her instead of me.

Oh, and worst of all: she has a sign on her wall that says "I sacrifice kittens." I'm really starting to hate her. I guess I shouldn't though, since this whole situation is the administration's fault, not hers.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Oh man, I'm so sorry to hear about all of that. As if coming back to the US isn't hard enough...I hope things get worked out really soon!

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I am also really glad and thankful to have met you and Kristin--you're awesome people (and great travel buddies) and you both had an incredible impact on me. I hope we see each other later this year!

12:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julia,
I keep checking for the "good news" update. Sure hope you found yourself in a room last night. Fred is off to Seattle this weekend. There is a 1-10 percent chance your mom will come up to visit this weekend. I'm hoping if Pepper is doing well, the chances will bump up to around 50 percent!
Love from A. Margie

1:50 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Thanks for the comments you guys : )

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home