My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmas

I'm still oddly confused by being back at the US and can't seem adjust to the time change. I have to say though that Christmas at home was REALLY nice. Travelling and being in beautiful, warm, Chile was a great adventure, but there's nothing like being at home with family, home-food, and cute Christmas music playing. Our tree looks beautiful though its anyone's guess how long it will remain standing given the kittens' destructiveness. It was Crickett and the kittens' first Christmas : D

Everyone seemed to like the presents I gave them and I loved the ones I got!

We're going up to Nevada soon to see A Margie and U Fred. Its been far too long since I've seen them and I'm really excited! We'll spend New Year's up there and just be home for a bit before going to Arizona for A Shelly's wedding.

Some thoughts on this past year: I had the semester of my life at Grinnell before going to spend 6/12 of the past months out of the country. I've gained amazing knowledge of a language (la lengua chilena, po) and a culture. I look at life in the US with such different eyes now. I've gained a family and a new set of friends who I love very much while I've lost my boyfriend and my poor Daughter-cat, losses I feel very strongly. I've learned how to navegate a 'developing country' and I've become extremely independent, things that I'm really proud of. I feel older, slightly dazed and out of place, and maybe a little sad. I guess I'm just a very nostalgic person.

Now more than ever I really want to travel and see the world. Every trip I take makes me realize how little I've seen and how important it is to me to see and appreciate what I can of what's out there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home