My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Walking around...

Some pictures from around Valparaíso, in no particular order.


Calle Uruguay just west of Plaza O'Higgins. I walk along here every day on the way to classes. Its main features are flower vendors and fish vendors.


Buses Barón. The kind of dusty and grimy bus route I take to Liceo Barón.


Looking up towards Cerro Lechero, next to Cerro Barón.


Pedro Montt and Uruguay, my bus stop. Actually waving down your bus can be really hard on weekdays because so many run, and almost all of them have to pass along Pedro Montt. My host mom got run over by a bus a few weeks before I came, so she always warns me to be really careful.


The feria on Avenida Argentina where, if you brave the ferral dogs and the garbage, you can buy things like neon polyester shirts for about 20 cents. It looks a lot prettier from a distance than it does up close!


Sidestreet near the Congreso.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

In another exactly 2 weeks we'll be seeing these same sights with you!! It's so good to have something positive to think of. Maybe I should stop studying Finnish and start watching Spanish movies! :) XOX Spy Girl

9:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julia, We spent a couple of hours just looking over your blog site last weekend. Aunt M. came over and showed me. It was great, I couldn't stop looking at the links. What a wonderful journal of thoughts and pics in sight and mind. Way to go girl! Awesome :)
Jerry in Lovelock

9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home