My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Early November

So tomorrow I'm off to Pucón! Yaaaay! Hopefully this weekend will entail lots of good times, sight-seeing, hiking, being with friends, staying in pretty hotels (paid for by the program) and eating great restaurant food (also paid for by the program).

My parents get here in less than a month. I can't wait. Their visit is looking even better now that we actually have SOME idea of what we're going to do when they get here, too. They're going to stay with my host family in Valpo a couple of days, then we're going to fly to Isla Juan Fernández (Robinson Crusoe Island) for a long weekend. Then we'll come back to mainland Chile, regroup, and fly down to Torres del Paine for 5 days in that area. Then home for Christmas : )

Highlights of this week:
-reading 100 Years of Solitude
-getting some really nice emails
-making chocolate chip cookies
-listening to Christian's music and getting it hopelessly stuck in my head
-getting ready for Pucón

Low points of this week:
-having a test, a presentation, and a debate in a period of three days
-getting almost no sleep and becoming addicted to caffeine as a way to get my eyes open in the morning
-still having a cold
-boys being stupid
-I already mentioned this, but having a 4-hour essay test on more than 1000 pages of Chilean Literature reading.
-knowing that instead of catching up on sleep this weekend, I will be spending 2 nights on a bus.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home