My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Friday, November 18, 2005

2nd to last week...

as Chilean student. And I leave Chile in a month. I wonderful if I'll ever make it back here. I really hope so!

Yesterday was devoted to getting Chilean and Latin music. I now have:
-Ismael Serrano (I've played "Canción de amor propio" about 50 times since I got it last night : D)
-Jarabe de Palo ("Romeo y Julieta")
-Juan Luis Guerra
-Juanes (but I still need "La camisa negra" to complete my carrete chileno collection)
-La oreja de van gogh ( a bit girly, but very nice...similar to Ella baila sola)
-lots and lots of Reggaeton (not exactly my style, but kind of fun)
-tons and tons of Café Tacuba
-Laura Pausini
-Los Jaivas
-Victor Jarra ("Valparaíso" among others)
-"Los caminos de la vida" de Vicentito
-Illapú
Now to make a Chile-music mix!

Today I got up early, worked on travel planning and logistics, and then went to the beach in Reñaca with Kristin...we had a great time. It was a gorgeous day and the waves were huge, the water bright turquoise. We talked and talked and I played in the water a bit. This afternoon I'm going to write letters, go to the travel agent, and take a nap.
Tonight is "carrete a la chilena," in other words, we're going to stay out until sunrise partying : D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Julia,
Fred & I talked about partying until sunrise. He's done it. I told him I hadn't, but just now I recall H.S. graduation night we partied in a field and then had breakfast at the farm house. It was a don't drink and drive arrangement country kid style. Have fun! Oh yes, I heard you received our letter. Could it be the exchange rate allowed that one 37 cent stamp to be enough??? I told your mom I'm highly skilled in the pinching of pennies:-) We've decided T-giving camping would be too hard on Muttley, so we'll be at home. Wish you could join us.

12:23 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Haha...yeah I was suprised that that letter actually made it through! I'm glad to hear that you guys are in the cool club of party-till-sunrise-ers : D

Have fun at Thanksgiving and take some pictures for me! The exchange program is having an "American Thanksgiving dinner" for us at a Chilean Italian restaurant...should be interesting ; )

5:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home