My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Sunday, September 03, 2006

St Petersburg with the Ganns!

There are so many great photos from this week, but I suppose I can't put them all up, so here are my favorites. It was good to have such a fun and relaxing last week in St Petersburg after an overall stressful and somewhat unpleasant time. The great company helped me end my time there on a positive note!

We rented a flat off of Nevksi just behind the statue of Catherine II which was really quiet, clean, and comfortable, things I'd come to believe did not exist in Russia. We went sight-seeing in the day, had some very good meals, drank vodka and Soviet Chamagne, and Jack and I went out a few nights to meet up with friends from my program. We also had some adventures with grocery shopping (yes, adventures with grocery shopping), red-light districts, and the Russian mob : )


My mom, Jane, Crystal, Robyn, me, Jack, and my Dad by Victory Park after an exhausting but really fascinating walking tour of World War II and the Seige history. The fountains were all installed for this summer's G8.


My mom and Jane having an exquisite ( and exquisitely expensive!) lunch at the Hotel Astoria.


From one beautiful and relaxing experience to another. We took a night boat trip along all of the tiny canals and rivers of the city and enjoyed a bottle of Sovietskoye Champanskoye. This is Spac Na Krovi, or Church on Spilled Blood, from Kanal Griboedova.


Jane, me, Jack, all a little blinded by the flash.


Cutest picture ever!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home