My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday night

-Spring break is almost here. That's what I keep telling myself over and over as I attempt to do homework and look out at the gray sky.
-I finally got my bike fixed so when the weather gets better (please God soon!) I'll be able to ride not only to work but also to the parks and lake : D
-This was a pleasantly and fulfillingly social weekend. Friday night I hung out with Jaime, LA, Tyler, Elise, Jon Henry, Colin, and Kat's friend Joel from MI. Then Saturday night I hung out with LA, Kate, Melissa, Jon, Tyler, and Elise. Both nights were pretty chill but still fun.
-Today I went to Des Moines with my friend Maria. She's from Kazan and speaks Russian, English, Spanish, Italian, and Hebrew. She just got married in January (!) and is trying to get her visa worked out so she can live with her husband in Philadelphia after Grinnell. Anyways, we didnt' know each other that well before today, but we got along really well and had a lot of fun.
-Last night I tried out the recipe Erika had given me for her "Guiso de zapallitos italianos," one of my favorite Chilean dishes. It was delicious! Not quite as good as when she made it, but still wonderful.
-I think I'm going to be living off-campus next year on 6th St with Jaime, LA, and Tyler. More on that later...

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two more days to Saturday....I should be able to chat when you get home. Nadine was here for two weeks and Janell for three days. Now I have no guests but the rest of the week is full of activites. G'

10:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd love the recipe could you send it? Kris

9:21 AM  
Blogger Julia said...

Thanks for the comments : )

G'ma I sent a letter your way just before I left Grinnell.

Gody Kris I posted the recipes...they are bland but tasty and reasonably healthy. I hope you like them!

<3 Julia

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home