My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Sunday, March 05, 2006

A couple of new things about my life:

-This week I start tutoring a guy at the local high school. He's a native Spanish speaker who reads and writes Spanish at about a 4th grade level and English at about a 1st grade level. I'm going to be helping him with ESL and Earth Science. It should be a challenge, but I'm really excited about it.
-Last night was Disco, one of the biggest parties at Grinnell. There was live music and I danced until 3 o'clock in the morning : D My outfit, a priceless Goodwill find, was a black satin tanktop/dress with a gold paisley pattern. It looked fantastic worn with lots of gold costume jewelry. I wish I'd taken pictures, but I didn't get around to it.
-Russian continues to take over my life. I had class this weekend, which meant that I barely finished my 3+hours of reading and translation by this afternoon, and now I'm having to do it all over again for tomorrow morning. PLUS Vishevsky added an essay due tomorrow.
-Kristin and I are playing a duet (Entr'acte by Ibert) for the Habitat for Humanity concert on Friday which means I'm very much back into harp. Practicing twice a day plus lessons, other concerts, and practices with Kristin give me the general feeling that I live in Bucksbaum.
-I've been hanging out with Russ, Robyn, and Eric a lot. On Saturday Russ went to a math competition at ISU, something that we all teased him a lot about. Friday night Eric spent looking up and teaching him math jokes that he could use during the "Socialization Hour" of the competition, in which participants are encouraged to "use their social skills and interact" : P
-I applied for my Russian summer prgm the 1st of March, but don't expect to hear back for a while yet.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The dance sounds like fun! Have you found a house yet for next year? Did Russ perform well in the Socialization hour? What in the world would you use for MATH JOKES? I'm pleased that you are able to get into the harp work...it has to be relaxing to play, even though it is "practise" Good luck in the duet. G'

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home