My Photo
Name:
Location: San Francisco, CA

Monday, July 28, 2008

El gallo pintogórico

Here are some photos from El gallo pintogórico, our favorite restaurant in Guanajuato. The name means "Pythagorean Chicken," which was hugely confusing to me until I saw a booklet with the same name at a bookstore. I guess El gallo pintogórico was a famous satirical pamphlet written by a Mexican politician back in the day...actually I still find the whole thing pretty confusing.

In any event, we ate at this place several times because we enjoyed it so much. To get to the restaurant you had to climb I'd say 8 flights of stairs, which was exhausting in the heat, but once you got to the top the views were incredible. It was so amazing to sit by a huge open window and see the entire city laid out in front of you. Though to be honest, my favorite dessert, baked pears covered in chocolate wine sauce, would have been enough in of itself to make me love the place.







1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Beautiful city...Very colorful indeed and I have to admit that the couple in the pics look great together!

Jose R. Fernandez, Dominican Republic

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home